The traditional business model has changed tremendously over the past 10 years, and it continues to warp each month. Using a mocial strategy (mobile + social), your company can keep up with changes closer to real-time. These tools allow your company to create a personalized communication with customers – addressing what they want/need, wherever they are and delivered in a tailored way.
There are a few key ways to use a mocial strategy – increase brand awareness, customer satisfaction, additional revenue and building loyalty. What are some easy ways to connect mobile marketing and social media?
- Have a mobile website that is easy to navigate and connected to your social media channels. This is a no-brainer. 80% of retailers do not have a mobile website, and yet 76% of local searches (especially for shopping and restaurants) are coming from mobile phones. Make it easy for customers to find you.
- If you are just starting to collect text marketing opt-ins and you don’t know how to promote it, then use your social channels to promote it. Post a SMS sweepstakes or special offer on Facebook and Twitter. Make sure to be consistent with your message everywhere you post it.
- Customers will definitely complain about your brand on Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, and even YouTube. Respond to these complaints and make it better. If the customer is already in your mobile database, then maybe you can push one-time mobile coupons to them.
- Learn from the feedback given to you by customers. If there is a recurring complaint about something, then you should address it on social media, updating your website and mobile website, and send out a text message to your mobile database. If the issue is parking, then maybe you should notify everyone about a new extension to the parking lot.
- Collect customer feedback using text marketing. If your text service provider has interactive dialog capabilities like True Dialog, then you can invite customers to answer a text messaging survey for an incentive like a discount. Text JOIN to 370370* to see what this looks like on your phone. *Standard message and data rates may apply